- To search by keyword, enter your term(s) into the search box at the top of the screen and hit the enter key or click the Go button. LINKcat will search for all the terms entered.
- Use the drop-down menus for more search options and to limit by format.
- Use double quotes to search an exact phrase.
- More search tips
Sort your search results
From the results page, use the Relevance pull down menu in the upper right corner of the screen and select an option.
Refine (narrow) your search results
From your results page, select one of the options on the left side of the screen to refine your search results.
View item record
From the results page, select a record to view and click on the title. From this screen, see if an item is available, add it to a cart, print the record, save it to a list, place a hold, print the record, and more.
Enter new new term(s) into the search box or click on the LINKcat logo to return to the LINKcat home page.
Use Advanced Search to enter a combination of search terms including keyword, title, subject, author, ISBN and more. Use the drop down menu to select the desired categories, enter your term(s) and click on the Search button or hit enter to run your search.
- Add more search boxes by using the “+” button
- Limit by publication date or date range, audience, type of content, or format (CD, DVD, etc.)
- Limit to items owned by a certain library
- Choose a sort for your search results
If you’re interested in receiving updates when an item is added to LINKcat that matches your search criteria, you can subscribe to the search using a feed reader such as Firefox’s Live Bookmarks, Google Reader, or MyYahoo.