Checkout History (formerly Reading History) is an optional feature of LINKcat that many library users enjoy. It allows you to choose to save a record of everything you check out from the library in order to track things you've read or viewed over the years and may want to read or view again. Other library users are concerned about the privacy implications stemming from library circulation records being kept as records of library activity. We invite you to read our Confidentiality Policy and details about the library usage of records we keep before choosing to turn this feature on in your library account.
By default, LINKcat doesn't keep a record of past titles you've borrowed, but you can choose to have it do so by enabling your Checkout History.
- Log into your account and choose My Dashboard from the menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click Checked Out.
- Click the Checkout History:Off button near the top of the screen (on the right).
- Check the checkbox next to Retain Checkout History, and click Save Changes.
- In the pop-up box, enter your library card number and click Done.
To view your Checkout History, click My Dashboard, and then click the View checkout history link. After enabling your Checkout History, you can disable it at any time.
- From your My Dashboard, click Checked Out.
- Click the Checkout History:On button and then uncheck the checkbox next to Retain Checkout History.
- Click Save Changes, verify with your library card number, and click Done.
By subscribing to Retain Checkout History you acknowledge that the library’s online catalog will retain, for your personal use, a list of all materials that you borrow. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time, which will permanently delete anything not currently checked out from your checkout history. Library staff will not access or release your checkout history unless required by law to do so. Understand that anyone with access to your library card number and password can check your checkout history or any other information attached to your account.