Passwords and Privacy
A password (PIN) is a safeguard to ensure only you have access to your record. A password is required, along with your library card number, whenever you log in. You will also need your password when using self checkout stations.
Changing Your Password
Log into LINKcat by using your library card number and password (PIN). To log in, click My account in the upper right-hand corner, and choose My Dashboard.
- At the bottom of your Library Dashboard screen, click My Personal Details.
- Click Change Password/PIN. The Change your password form will pop-up.
- In the Current Password box, enter your current password.
- In the New Password box, enter the new password. Your password must be at least 4 characters long.
- In the New Password (again) box, enter the new password for a second time.
- Click the Submit button.
Contact your local library for help if you are having difficulty logging in or have forgotten your password.
Remember to Log Out
Log out and close your browser after using LINKcat on any public computer to prevent other users from viewing your searches or other account information. To log out, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner, and choose Logout.