Building Brains, Supporting Families, Connecting Community...through play!
What is PlayLab?
Explore how you think about play!
Madison Public Library’s PlayLab provides welcoming spaces, engaging experiences and collaborative partnerships where children, families and their communities learn, share, create and grow together.
Our focus is on supporting a few key ingredients for early literacy and child development:
- Time and space for children to play freely
- Loving, responsive relationships between children and caregivers
- Caregivers who have confidence, knowledge and skills to support their child’s development
- A community of adults who support each other to ensure that all children thrive
Visit PlayLab during Pinney’s hours of operation, and check out the PlayLab FAQ.
- Access books, play and making materials
- Get outside and explore our play patio
- Use our family study room, a quieter space to connect
- Join a free program
- Find family resources