Just as countless inspiring works fill the shelves of our libraries, there are many stories you can share with us about Madison Public Library. So what's your library story? Tell us!
204 Cottage Grove Rd
Madison, WI 53716
Mon-Fri: 9-9, Sat: 9-5, Sun: 1-5 (Sep 9, 2018 - May 26, 2019)
A New Pinney Library
Experience the new Pinney Library for yourself! This concept video created by OPN Architects was first unveiled at a community meeting on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
The future Pinney Library location will be located in the Ruedebusch Development & Construction’s “Royster Corners” mixed use development located at the intersection of Cottage Grove Road and Dempsey Road. The new library will double its current size to 20,000 square feet while adding new and more technology, a larger community room, study rooms, dedicated spaces for teens and children, and an outdoor courtyard. The new library will open at the end of 2019.
Madison Public Library Foundation has begun a $1.5 million capital campaign for the new Pinney Library.
- OPN Architects Community Update Presentation from January 31, 2018
- Madison's New Pinney Library will be 'cultural, civic and social center' for East Side (Dean Mosiman, Wisconsin State Journal, January 31, 2018)
- Community Invited to View Preliminary Plans for New Pinney Library
- Giving Tuesday & Match Gift benefit Pinney Library! November 28-December 3, 2017.
- OPN Architects Community Presentation from November 9, 2017
- Pinney Library - City of Madison Engineering project page
- Madison Public Library Foundation's campaign for a new Pinney Library
- New Pinney Library Groundbreaking Ceremony Media Kit
View all of the Library's holiday closings.
Articles featuring Pinney Library
Early voting for the August 14, 2018 Primary is underway. City of Madison voters may vote absentee at Madison Public Library locations beginning Monday, July 30.
Muslim voices are often unheard, and Muslim love stories are even more distant; but doesn't everyone love?