Save the date and help us celebrate the long-awaited new Pinney Library this spring!
View all of the Library's location closings.
Information about the Interim Pinney Library
The Interim Pinney Library at 211 Cottage Grove Road is now permanently closed. Learn more about the new Pinney Library
- New Pinney Library
- City of Madison Engineering Project Page
- Madison Public Library Capital Campaign Page
- Love the Library: A Grand Opening Gala for Pinney Library
Pinney Move Information
Madison Public Library’s Pinney Library, currently located at an interim space at 211 Cottage Grove Rd., will close to the public at 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16. The library will remain closed during the move to the new library on 516 Cottage Grove Rd., and will reopen to the public at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Mar. 12 with an official ribbon cutting ceremony and resumption of regular service hours. A Grand Opening weekend will follow on Mar. 14 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) and Mar. 15 (1-5 p.m.)
Service Details for Library Customers
On closing day (5 p.m., Feb. 16)
- Book drop at 211 Cottage Grove Rd. will close permanently on Feb. 16, 5 p.m., when the library closes.
- Items on hold for customers at Pinney Library will be moved to Hawthorne Library (2707 E. Washington Ave.) and be available for pickup Monday, Feb. 17 at 10 a.m.
While the Pinney Library is closed (5 p.m., Feb. 16 – 11 a.m., Mar. 12)
- Items checked out from Pinney Library should be returned to other libraries during this time. Nearest libraries are Hawthorne Library (2707 E. Washington Ave.) and Monona Public Library (1000 Nichols Rd.)
- Book drops at both temporary Pinney Library (211 Cottage Grove Rd.) and new Pinney Library (516 Cottage Grove Rd.) will be closed.
- Phone service may be intermittent during the closure, please contact Hawthorne Library (608-246-4548) or Central Library (608-266-6300).
- Holds usually sent to the Pinney Library will be available for customer pickup at the Hawthorne Library (2707 E. Washington Ave.) unless otherwise specified.
- No reservations for Pinney meeting spaces will be made during this time.
On opening day (Mar. 12, 11 a.m.)
- Phone service begins at noon on Mar. 12.
- Official ribbon cutting ceremony begins at 11 a.m. Library will open for service when ceremony is complete.
- Holds for Pinney patrons will be moved to Pinney Library on Mar. 12 and be available at noon.
- Study rooms will be available for immediate use and reservation beginning Mar. 12 at noon.
- Larger meeting rooms will be available for reservation beginning April 1, with reservations for dates in May and June.
Articles featuring Pinney Library
April 1, 2020 is Census Day and only 1 month from now!