And we're allowed to sit back and enjoy the show. I'm talking about Hollywood's most charming couple, Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman. Their new book, The Greatest Love Story Ever Told: An Oral History shares the story of how they met and what their romance is all about. It's no surprise these two beautiful people met doing something actor-y while living in California. It's what they are all about that is the most fascinating.
Here are some highlights:
- They both have strong connections to the Midwest. Nick grew up in Minooka, IL and Megan went to school at Northwestern. She grew up in Oklahoma, which is not in the Midwest but has a very friendly, similar vibe. I can't explain why people from the Midwest are automatically likable to me.
- They are well-read, well-rounded people, knowledgeable about the arts and have a wide variety of interesting skills including sewing and woodworking.
- They are funny and have starred and/or are starring again in two of my favorite shows, Parks and Recreation and Will and Grace.
- They listen to audiobooks while they put together jigsaw puzzles.
- I could go on about how they love to eat the same delicious foods that I eat, but after the audiobooks and jigsaw puzzles line, we can all die happy, right?
I am in love with this couple. Like I said in the title of the review, the fact that these two found each other is a miracle and a testament to true love. Also, they are hilarious people with excellent manners. And this book includes many, many delightful photographs. If you are looking for a winner holiday gift idea for entertainment obsessed friends and family members, put The Greatest Love Story Ever Told at the top of your list.