Whether you are just beginning family research or have spent years tracing your history, HeritageQuest Online has a wealth of genealogy data, including:
- Census Records from 1790 – 1940
- 549 million birth, marriage and death records, as well as 390 million church and civil registration records from around the world
- Freedman’s Bank contains an index and original images of the African-American Freedman's Savings and Trust Company's registers of Signatures of Depositors 1865-1871
- Cemeteries collection with 139 million Find A Grave indexes
- Over 2 million military records from selected state and country holdings, including US Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files 1800-1900, US Records of Confederate Prisoners of War 1861-1865, US Remarried Widows Index to Pension Applications 1887-1942
- Over 9 million immigration and naturalization records
- Books collection contains over 22,000 family and local histories, compiled genealogies, and more
- Over 1.5 million records from various US city and county directories 1821-1989
- More than 800 million records from the US Public Records Index 1950-1993
- US Land Ownership and Township Plat Maps
Use HeritageQuest to search for information about ancestors or relatives as well as information about towns, cities, and regions. Perform basic or advanced searches on available census materials and publications, including magazines and books. Access scanned census images to view pages of census data and then view or download scanned images of the documents.
How do I save or print records?
Print, email or download by following the steps listed below.
Access provided through Badgerlink. Wisconsin's Online Library, providing Wisconsin residents with licensed content not available through regular search engines. BadgerLink is a service provided by the Department of Public Instruction and our resources and staff are paid for with state funding and federal funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.