Jump to navigation
Jump to main content
Back to top
The library lends digital audiobooks (or eAudiobooks) to download or stream as well as physical items.
The majority of audiobooks to borrow are for streaming or download via:
*Powered by or by OverDrive's Libby app
Wisconsin’s Digital Library has thousands of popular eBook and eAudiobook titles that you can read or listen to on most current mobile devices, tablets, phones, or your computer. The library purchases copies of these titles from OverDrive, the largest and leading national provider of eBooks and eAudiobooks to libraries.
eAudiobooks are free to borrow and download from home with your public library card. They expire automatically so there are never any late charges.
- Borrow most eAudiobooks for up to two weeks.
- Borrow up to 10 items at a time, and have up to 10 holds (both eBooks and eAudiobooks count towards these limits).
- Some titles are available right away and some have a wait list.
- When searching for an audiobook, watch for the icon.
Wisconsin's Digital Library is brought to you by the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium and with generous support from the Madison Public Library Foundation.
You have a number of different options with how you can download or stream eAudiobooks from Wisconsin's Digital Library.
Books on CD
To find Books on CD in LINKcat, choose ‘audiobook’ from the center dropdown menu when searching.
“Playaways” are individual audiobooks preloaded on a digital audio player which is the size of a deck of cards cut in half. Pop in one AAA battery, your headphones and press play. It’s that easy!
To find only Playaways, use the Advanced Search in LINKcat.
- Scroll down to the "Limit by audience, content, or format" section.
- Click on "Any Format" and then select "Digtial Audio Player" from the "Computing" section.
- Scroll back up and enter the rest of your search.
Free public domain eAudiobooks read by volunteers around the world