Are you looking for something new to read? The 2020 National Book Awards longlist has a wide variety to choose from. The categories include: Nonfiction, Fiction. Young People's Literature, Translated Literature, and Poetry. Finalists in all categories were announced on October 6, 2020. Below are the nonfiction nominees. The finalists have an asterisk.
- Michelle Bowdler Is Rape a Crime?: A Memoir, an Investigation, and a Manifesto
- Karla Cornejo Villavicencio* The Undocumented Americans [ebook]
- Jill Lepore If Then: How the Simulmatics Corporation Invented the Future
- Les Payne and Tamara Payne* The Dead Are Arising: The Life of Malcolm
- Claudio Saunt* Unworthy Republic: The Dispossession of Native Americans and the Road to Indian Territory
- Jenn Shapland* My Autobiography of Carson McCullers
- Jonathan C. Slaght Owls of the Eastern Ice: A Quest to Find and Save the World’s Largest Owl
- Jerald Walker* How to Make a Slave and Other Essays
- Frank B. Wilderson III Afropessimism
- Isabel Wilkerson Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents [ebook]
This year's Winners will be announced at the virtual National Book Awards Ceremony on November 18th.