Madison Public Library is your place to learn, share and create...
Madison Public Library's tradition of promoting education, literacy and community involvement has enriched the City of Madison for more than 140 years. Our nine locations throughout the City of Madison are open six days a week (with limited Sunday hours) and welcome nearly 2 million visits each year.
In 2019 Madison Public Library:
- Had nearly 3.5 million checkouts
- Issued over 15,000 library cards
- Hosted 103 Book Festival author events
- Hosted over 22,000 meeting room uses
- Had nearly 230,000 WiFi uses
- Purchased over 75,000 new items for the collection
- Facilitated almost half a million digital checkouts
Our Communications Team can help answer your questions, put you in touch with library leadership or staff responsible for specific programs, and help you develop library stories for your audience. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Follow our social media channels or subscribe to a newsletter for regular updates about the Madison Public Library.