The Personal Archiving Lab at the Central Library is a collection of equipment that can be used to digitize at-risk analog materials.
The Mini Archiving Lab will be hosted at Lakeview Library in January and February 2023. To use the equipment, you'll need to take a short tutorial with library staff. A tutorial takes 20-30 minutes and you can stop into one of the sessions listed below at participating locations.
Schedule a Tutorial:
- Monday, January 23, 2-4PM
- Monday, January 30, 2-4PM
- Monday, February 6, 2-4PM
- Monday, February 13, 2-4PM
- Monday, February 20, 2-4PM
- Monday, February 27, 2-4PM
The Personal Archiving Lab at Central Library supports conversion of VHS tapes, VHS-C tapes, DVDs (not BluRay), Audio cassettes, MiniDV tapes, Hi-8 tapes (currently unavailable), Photographs/negatives/slides, and paper-based documents.
- Thursday, January 19, 2:30-4PM
- Thursday, January 26, 2:30-4PM
- Monday, February 6, 6-7:30PM
- Monday, February 20, 2:30-4PM
The Mini Personal Archiving Lab equipment supports VHS tapes, Audio cassettes, Photographs/negatives/slides, and paper-based documents.
Patrons who use either Personal Archiving Lab must bring some form of external storage — a portable hard drive, or a thumb drive — on which digital files can be stored.