A group of loyal donors to Madison Public Library Foundation is offering a $100,000 match throughout December for all gifts made to the foundation's annual fund, which fuels core library resources and programming. Every contribution will go twice as far!
In 2023, the foundation granted the library annual fund dollars for:
- collection items – books, large-print books, Spanish language picture books, music, movies, and even seed libraries
- programs, including Library Takeover and Seniors Living Well
- technology – computers, Wi-Fi, and audiovisual upgrades in meeting rooms at many libraries
- AASPIRE (Affirmative Action Student Professionals in Residence) internships for students of color and others from underrepresented groups as part of the foundation’s Equity and Innovation funding initiative
- library staff training and professional development
- sewing machines for Sequoya Library classes
- the library staff’s BIPOC and Pride Affinity Groups
- podiums for Central Library events, such as Wisconsin Book Festival free author programming
Ten percent of annual fund proceeds are invested in the foundation’s permanent endowment, which sustains the library for the future. Mailed gifts must be postmarked by December 31 to count toward 2023 and to qualify for the match.