Posted by Kathy K on Oct 9, 2017
Every year Booklist publishes various top 10 lists. Below is their Top 10 Sports list. This list includes basketball, baseball, horse racing, running. Did they miss any of your favorite sports books? Are there any that you would add?
- Coach Wooden and Me: Our 50-Year Friendship on and off the Court by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
- Game Worn: Baseball Treasures from the Game’s Greatest Heroes and Moments by Stephen Wong and Dave Grob.
- A History of American Sports in 100 Objects. By Cait Murphy.
- Making My Pitch: A Woman’s Baseball Odyssey by Ila Jane Borders and Jean Hastings Ardell.
- Mr. Darley’s Arabian: High Life, Low Life, Sporting Life; A History of Racing in 25 Horses by Christopher McGrath.
- My Cubs: A Love Story by Scott Simon. 2017.
- Off Speed: Baseball, Pitching, and the Art of Deception by Terry McDermott.
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct: College Football and the Politics of Rape by Jessica Luther.
- Ways of Grace: Stories of Activism, Adversity, and How Sports Can Bring Us Together by James Blake and Carol Taylor.
- Women Who Tri: A Reluctant Athlete’s Journey into the Heart of America’s Newest Obsession by Alicia DeFabio.