- All the Powers of Earth: The Political Life of Abraham Lincoln, 1856–1860 by Sidney Blumenthal
- Sisters and Rebels: A Struggle for the Soul of America by Jacquelyn Dowd Hall
- Gods of the Upper Air: How a Circle of Renegade Anthropologists Reinvented Race, Sex, and Gender in the Twentieth Century by Charles King [ebook]
- Our Man: Richard Holbrooke and the End of the American Century by George Packer
- A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II by Sonia Purnell [ebook]
Looking for even more possible biographies to read then check out past nominees and winners at The Plutarch.