Posted by Kathy K on Mar 16, 2018
Like reading about other people and their lives? Then here is a list for you. Below are a few from a new library list, Biographies, Recommended in 2017. For more reading suggestions check out the Madison Public Library Insider Newsletter-- Thanks For the Memories: Biographies and Memoirs, which comes out every other month.
- Bannos, Pamela. Vivian Maier: A Photographer's Life and Afterlife. The University of Chicago Press, 2017.
- Lucey, Donna M.. Sargent’s Women: Four Lives Behind the Canvas. W.W. Norton & Company, 2017.
- Szerlip, B. Alexandra. The Man Who Designed the Future: Norman Bel Geddes and the Invention of Twentieth-Century America. Melville House, .
- Cooper, Helene. Madame President: The Extraordinary Journey of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. Simon & Schuster, 2017.
- Smith, Sally Bedell. Prince Charles: The Passions and Paradoxes of an Improbable Life. Random House, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC, 2017.
- Rosenberg, Rosalind. Jane Crow: The Life of Pauli Murray. Oxford University Press, 2017.
- Weir, Alison. Queens of the Conquest: England’s Medieval Queens. Book. 1. Ballentine Books, 2017.
- Wood, Gordon S.. Friends Divided: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Penguin Press, 2017.
- de Rosnay, Tatiana. Manderley Forever: A Biography of Daphne Du Maurier. St. Martin's Press, 2017.
- Fraser, Caroline. Prairie Fires: The American Dream of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Metropolitan Books, 2017.
- Jackson, Lawrence P.. Chester B. Himes: A Biography. W. W. Norton & Company, .
- Hagan, Joe. Sticky Fingers: The Life and Times of Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone Magazine. Alfred A. Knopf, 2017.
- Hayes, Elaine M.. Queen of Bebop: The Musical Lives of Sarah Vaughan. Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, .
- Sachs, Harvey. Toscanini: Musician of Conscience. Liveright Publishing Corporation, a division of W.W. Norton & Company, 2017.
- Hennessy, Kate. Dorothy Day: The World Will Be Saved by Beauty: An Intimate Portrait of My Grandmother. Scribner, 2017.
- Roper, Lyndal. Martin Luther: Renegade and Prophet. Random House, .
- Lewis, Cherry. The Enlightened Mr. Parkinson: The Pioneering Life of a Forgotten Surgeon. Pegasus Books, 2017.
- Schwartz, David N.. The Last Man Who Knew Everything: The Life and Times of Enrico Fermi, Father of the Nuclear Age. Basic Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc., 2017.