Effective Tuesday, January 19, 2021, Madison Public Library centralized phone reference service and the Financial Resources Hotline service hours are changing. New hours for both services will be 10am-6pm weekdays and 12-5pm Saturdays. This change brings telephone service in line with other available services, including curbside pickup service and in-person computer use appointments.
Hawthorne Library is open for limited service by appointment. See currently available services for more details.
2707 E Washington Ave
Madison, WI 53704
Curbside Pickup & Returns
- Call 608-246-4548 (curbside only) or schedule an appointment online for curbside pickup at Hawthorne Library
- 10am-6pm Mon-Fri, 12-5pm Sat
- Return books to our book drop 24/7
Reference Assistance & Holds Requests
- Call our centralized reference line at 608-315-5151 (toll free 888-266-7805) to place holds, request materials, or for more information about library services and online collections. Please note: this line is not answered by Hawthorne Library staff.
- Service hours: 10am-6pm Mon-Fri, 12-5pm Sat
Computers, Internet & Printing
- Call 608-315-5151 (toll free 888-266-7805) to schedule an appointment; walk-up service may be available. Learn more about computers, internet, and printing services at the Hawthorne Library.
- Service hours: 10am-5:30pm Mon-Fri, 12-4:30 Saturdays
- Free printing; 25 page limit
Articles featuring Hawthorne Library
Madison Public Libraries closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day on January 18, 2021.
Parents, foster parents, guardians and childcare providers are encouraged to jump start their healthy eating this year through a new Eating Smart - Being Active class series offered by the UW-Madison Extension FoodWIse program in partnership with Madison Public Library.
When, where, and how to vote at Madison Public Library locations during the 2021 Elections