The Wisconsin Book Festival released its 2018 festival schedule on August 21.
The four-day festival will take place October 11-14, 2018, in and around Madison Public Library’s Central Library in downtown Madison, Wisconsin.
• New York Times #1 Best-Selling author James Patterson, for Max Einstein: The Genius Experiment
• Celebrated novelist Rebecca Makkai, for The Great Believers
• Award-winning science writer David Quammen, for The Tangled Tree
• Madison's own Chloe Benjamin, for The Immortalists
• Wisconsin Institute for Creative Writing 2016-17 Fiction Fellow Jamel Brinkley, for A Lucky Man
• Internationally recognized biographer Kate Moore, for Radium Girls
• Beloved children's author Megan McDonald, for Judy Moody and the Right Royal Tea Party
• Former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson, for Tommy: My Journey of a Lifetime
• Political reporter Dan Kaufman, for The Fall of Wisconsin
• Cultural commentator Rebecca Traister, for Good and Mad
• African-American Studies Professor Carol Anderson, for One Person, No Vote
• Journalist and food writer Mark Kurlansky, for Milk!
The festival will feature more than 60 events over four days with plenty of opportunities to meet authors, discover new books or favorite writers, and have books signed.
Funding & Support
The Wisconsin Book Festival is hosted by Madison Public Library in partnership with Madison Public Library Foundation.
Festival sponsors make this event possible through their private support. 2018 Wisconsin Book Festival sponsors include: Signature Sponsor Marvin J. Levy; Festival Sponsors American Girl’s Fund for Children, The Bass Family, Friends of the UW-Madison Libraries and UW-Madison Memorial Library, Nimick Forbesway Foundation, Pleasant T. Rowland Foundation, and Wisconsin Humanities Council; Contributing Sponsors Capitol Lakes, Tana Elias & Andrew Clarkowski, Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co., Madison Gas & Electric Foundation, Nancy Pandhi & Alex Young, Stafford Rosenbaum, University Research Park, and Cheryl Rosen Weston; and Event Supporter Alliant Energy Foundation.
In-kind donations from Park Hotel and Media Partners Isthmus and Wisconsin Public Radio also provide festival support.
Learn more about funding for the festival at wisconsinbookfestival.org/give.