Regular full use library accounts expire every four years in order to make sure we update your contact information regularly. Library users with expired cards are still able to log in and renew items they currently have checked out, but placing holds or using Overdrive are features that are blocked until the library card is renewed.
When our libraries were closed for in-person service due to COVID-19, expiration dates were automatically extended. Now that we have reopened, we'll be updating patron records with expired dates in batches for the rest of the year based on patron last names.
- A-D expiration date extended to July 1, 2021
- E-H expiration date extended to August 1, 2021
- I-M expiration date extended to September 1, 2021
- N-R expiration date extended to October 1, 2021
- S-V expiration date extended to November 1, 2021
- W-Z expiration date extended to December 1, 2021
Now that we are open, you can come in to renew your accounts again! The easiest way to renew a library card is to come in to the library with your library card and photo ID. Proof of address is not needed if the card has been expired for less than six months.
If you'd like to place a hold right away, please reach out to our circulation department at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the circulation office at 608-266-6357 with your library card number and they will renew your card for one month to give you time to come into the library.