Pinney Library will close beginning November 30, 2018 at 9 pm, and will remain closed through December 2018 and early January of 2019 as it moves into an interim library space at 211 Cottage Grove Road (formerly Ace Hardware).
The library will remain in the interim location for a year until the new Pinney Library opens in Royster Corners in 2020.
Information about the Interim Pinney Library
The interim Pinney Library at 211 Cottage Grove Road (formerly Ace Hardware) will open to the public in January 2019. Watch this page or sign up for email updates to be notified when the library is open.
Why is the library moving?
The site of the current Pinney Library is being redeveloped, and our new library at Royster Corners is not yet ready for us to move in. We are moving to an interim location for a year until the new library is ready.
Important information for Pinney Library customers during the closure:
- You will keep your place in the holds queue for any items you have on hold.
- Holds will be available at the Pinney Library until 9pm on Friday, November 30. They will move overnight to the Hawthorne Library (2707 E Washington Ave.) and be available at 10:00am on Saturday, December 1.
- You’ll be notified as usual when holds are available. Your items will be available for pickup at Hawthorne Library during the closure unless you specify otherwise.
- Items will have the same checkout period as usual.
- Pinney’s book drop will close Friday, November 30 at 9:00pm.
- After November 30, items can be returned to any library in the South Central Library System.
- Items can be renewed online at linkcat.info, by calling Telecirc at 608-242-4700, or by calling any Madison Public Library.
Meeting Room Space
Customers who use the Pinney Library for meeting space or community programs are encouraged to contact other community meeting places during the closure. Please note: the Interim Library at 211 Cottage Grove Road will not have a meeting room.
Madison Public Library’s Pinney Library (including sign up for email updates about library news and opening dates)
City of Madison Engineering Project Page
Madison Public Library Foundation’s Campaign for a New Pinney Library