Madison Public Library, in collaboration with Be Well Madison and Wisconsin Mujer, will host a series of events centered on health and wellness titled Live Well @ Your Library. Events will take place the 4th Sunday of each month from June-August, and will focus on themes of Reflection, Renewal, Restoration and Celebration. In September, a longer culminating event will take place at Central Library to go along with the Celebration theme and end the series.
Sunday, July 25, 1-3 p.m. | Meadowood Park (5810 Thrush Lane)
The second event will be a multicultural, multigenerational and multisensory experience outdoors on at the Meadowood Park (rain site: Meadowridge Library). There will be a mixture of passive and experiential events offered throughout the event, including:
- Welcome table with giveaways from Be Well Madison and We Read (Madison Public Library)
- Health insurance information station with Covering Wisconsin
- 15 minute acupuncture sessions with Dr. Heidi Eimermann of Whole You Acupuncture
- A self guided station with a writing activity to add to a collective Wish and Reflection Board
- A self-guided station for kids featuring the Bubbler’s Mini Maker kits
- An all-ages gardening activity
- Opportunity to contribute to a brief survey about wellness service access in your community
Participants can drop in between 1-3 p.m. or stay for the duration of the event.
Experiential Events Schedule:
- 1:15pm all ages yoga with Big Om, Little Om (yoga mats will be provided onsite)
- 1:45pm: Bilingual (Spanish/English) cooking demonstration with Luz Alder Urtubey and Araceli Esparza
- 2:15: Community Conversation about wellness led by Araceli Esparza & Jamie Pekarek Krohn
- 2:15: natural movement for youth with Rock Hancock of MovNat Madison
- Participants can drop in between 1-3 p.m. or stay for the duration of the event.
- Live Well @ Your Library: Restoration | Sunday, August 29, 1-3 p.m. | Goodman South Madison Library
- Live Well @ Your Library: Celebration | Sunday, September 19, 1-4:30 p.m. | Central Library
- Live Well @ Your Library: Reflection | Sunday, June 79 , 1-3 p.m. | Pinney Library porch
"Live Well @ Your Library" is inspired by the work of Venus Washington, Jasmine Timmons, Araceli Esparza and Nikki Cook and their "Nourish You" Library Takeover Project, and seeks to empower those who have not always felt included in traditional wellness spaces, particularly BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) communities.
Can't participate but interested in future programming? Participate in the Live Well @ Your Library Community Wellness Survey
This event made possible thanks to grants from Lululemon and All of Us - UW.