Literacy Network will offer Community English classes to Dane County adults throughout 2021. Learn English to use in your community! Free Community English classes will be this summer: Saturdays 10am-12pm, June 5 - August 14. All classes will be online on Zoom. You can take your Zoom class on your smartphone, a tablet, a laptop, or a computer. Literacy Network will mail textbooks and workbooks to students for the class. Topic options include everyday conversation, English for work, and using library resources.
No computer? No internet? Madison Public Library has internet and computers available.
Please call Becky Fabrizio at Literacy Network at (608) 268-6425 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up if interested.
2021 Community English Class Schedule:
- Spring: January 23 - May 1 (Registration has passed)
- Summer: June 5 - August 14 (Registration week is May 18-20)
- Fall: September 11 - December 11 (Registration week is August 30 - September 3)
About Literacy Network
Literacy Network teaches reading, writing, communication, and computer skills to Dane County adults so they can achieve financial security, well-being, and deeper engagement with their families and the community. Literacy Network is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization of professional teachers, tutors, volunteers and donors working together to improve adult literacy in Dane County. All programs are free of charge.
Literacy Network offers classes on a range of topics, including:
- You will talk with a staff member over the phone about your goals who will help you choose the best program for you.
- All programs are free, but at registration, you pay for program materials, which are $10, $20 or $40 depending on the program. Cash, check or credit cards are accepted and there are scholarships available.