LINKcat will be offline for a scheduled software update beginning at 9 pm on Friday Dec. 6, and ending on Tuesday Dec. 10. This will affect all public libraries in the seven-county South Central Library System.
To ensure minimal impact, there will be no overdue fees incurred during this period, and we will extend the due dates on all checked out library materials affected during the downtime.
You are still welcome to visit your local library to check out and return items during regular hours of operation or return items in our book drops after hours.
During this down time, customers and staff can:
- check out books and other materials in our libraries with a library card
- pick up holds for yourself with your library card, or for a family member with their library card
- use our online databases and ebook collection if you had a library card in good standing as of December 5
- find books and materials in our collections or in other libraries (ask staff for help!)
- use public computers to access the internet or print documents
and can not:
- look up or update any information on your library record or about any books you have on hold or checked out
- check out materials without a physical library card
- place holds
- pay fines or damage charges
Once the update is complete, you will be able to use LINKcat to access the same services you were able to before. There will be changes to the look of the site, but they will be minimal. If you need help navigating these changes, please ask our library staff for assistance.
We thank you for your patience during this transition, and for your ongoing support of Madison's public libraries.