The “It Takes A Village'' Community Resource Fair focuses on bringing the community together in a fun environment to learn about services available on the south side of Madison. Stop by Penn Park between 12-5PM on Thursday, June 30 for free food, music and lots of activities for kids and families! Attendees can meet their neighbors, engage with public servants, and have some fun in their neighborhood park.
THIS EVENT WILL INCLUDE A MOBILE COVID-19 VACCINE CLINIC for ages 12+ with vaccine and booster options. Ages 12-17 must have parental approval to participate (this can be given over the phone).
The goal is to provide information for local families about community services available in their neighborhood, as well as connecting youth and the wider community with public servants in a low-stress, pressure-less environment. Kids can interact with Madison Police officers who will be bringing squad cars and the mounted horse unit. Bubbler artists will be at the event to offer creative activities for youth and adults throughout. Come connect with your community!
- 12-3PM: MAYDM STEM Activities
- 1-2PM: Storytime with multiple storytellers (bilingual)
- 1-4PM: MSCR and MMoCA Art Cart
- 2-3:30PM: Facepainting
- 2:30-4:30PM: Dream Bus
- 3:30-5PM: Photo Booth with local photographer Amadou Kromah
Throughout the event:
- Curt's Popcorn and Kona Ice Food Trucks
- DJ Martinez White
- Madison Police Department
- Madison Reading Project (free books while supplies last)
- Voter registration with Madison Clerk's Office
- Junk Food Olympics
- Madison Children’s Museum Roadshow
- Science Ambassadors from Edgewood College (liquid nitrogen ice cream in the concession stand)
- Tabling from local organizations, including FYCE, Madison College, Neighborhood House, Operation Fresh Start, One City Schools, The Rose Project, South Metropolitan Planning Council, South Madison Reinvestment Strategy for Equity, Urban Triage, WORT FM, and more!
Following the event, stay for a Madison Parks Sina Davis Movie in the Park! A showing of Jungle Cruise begins at 5 p.m. in Penn Park.
RAIN INFO: In the case of inclement weather, the event will be canceled and will take place on Thursday, July 7. This event is made possible thanks to the partnership efforts of the City of Madison, WORT FM, Madison Reading Project, and Madison Police Department.
More It Takes A Village: A Parks Alive! Event
It Takes A Village 2 is a Parks Alive! event. Additional It Takes A Village: Parks Alive! events will take place throughout the summer. Each event will include free food, music and entertainment for kids, families and individuals. Lineup: