The Madison Writing Assistance (MWA) program offers free, one-to-one writing support for community members at library branches throughout the city. Our friendly, experienced writing coaches are happy to help with writing projects across a wide range of genres, including resumes, cover letters, application essays, grant proposals, fiction writing, memoirs, and more. Read the Madison Writing Assistance Impact Story.
MWA is returning IN PERSON for Summer 2022 (from June 6 - July 30). You may meet with an MWA instructor on:
- Mondays 4-7pm at Lakeview Library
- Tuesdays 10:30am-1:30pm at Goodman South Madison Library
- Wednesdays 10am-12pm at Meadowood Neighborhood Center
- Thursdays 4-7pm at Hawthorne Library
- Fridays 3-6pm at Sequoya Library
- Saturdays 1:30-4:30pm at Goodman South Madison Library
To schedule an appointment, call or visit the library and share your name and a short description of your writing project. Visit UW Writing Center's Madison Writing Assistance page for more information.
Madison Writing Assistance is a free service provided by the UW-Madison Writing Center and is made possible through the generous donations from the Evjue Foundation and UW Anonymous Fund, along with administrative and program support from the UW-Madison English Department, the UW-Madison Writing Center, and our Library and neighborhood center partners.