Open enrollment for the HealthCare.gov Marketplace starts November 1, 2021 and will be available until January 15, 2022. As part of ongoing partnerships, the Madison Public Library is helping spread the word about organizations that can help families and individuals gain access to health insurance during this new open enrollment period.
- Find plans and financial help.
- Sign up for HealthCare.gov, BadgerCare Plus or Medicaid.
- Get answers to your health insurance questions. No question is too big or too small.
- Get help with billing or coverage problems.
- Call 608-261-1455
- Visit www.coveringwi.org/enroll
United Way of Dane County's HealthConnect
HealthConnect is available if you need assistance paying your premiums. United Way of Dane County can help lower-income individuals and families who make too much to be eligible for BadgerCare purchase insurance in the Marketplace via the HealthConnect Premium Assistance Program. Made possible because of donations from UW Health and Quartz, HealthConnect pays the balance of eligible participants’ monthly health insurance premium not covered by the Premium Tax Credit available through the Marketplace.
To be eligible, you must live in Dane County, be a US Citizen or legal resident, enroll in a Marketplace health plan and fall within the below income ranges:
- Family of 1: $12,881-$19,320
- Family of 2: $17,421-$26,130
- Family of 3: $21,961-$32,940
- Family of 4: $26,501-$39,750
More than 4? For each person, add $6,810.
To learn more or to apply, visit https://www.unitedwaydanecounty.org/healthconnect/. Further questions can be directed to the 211 help line.