Use the Cart to create a temporary list as you browse the catalog. When you're finished, place some or all items in the cart on hold or on a list. A cart isn’t connected to your library account and will be deleted after you leave LINKcat.
To add items to your Cart from the search results list:
- Click the Add to Cart link found under each item OR
- Select multiple items, choose Cart from the Add To drop down menu, and click the Save button OR
- Click on a title to view the item’s record, then click the Add to Your Cart link in the upper right corner
View your cart
Click on the Cart button to the right of the search box. A new browser window will open with your cart information.
From there you can:
- email (“send”), print or empty the contents of your cart
- select individual items by clicking the box in front of the title or click Select All
- click Remove to delete selected items from your cart
- click Place Hold to request selected items (requires login and password to continue)
Carts are deleted when LINKcat is closed or when you log out of your account.
Video: Using the Cart
Create lists of your favorite items, items you want to check out later, or any other type of list you want to keep when you use LINKcat’s Lists feature. You must be logged into your library account to create and access your lists.
Add items to a list
From the search results list:
- Click the Save to Lists link found under each item OR
- Select item(s), and from the “Add to” drop down menu select a list or create a New List and then click the Save button OR
- Click a title to view the item’s record, then click the Save to Your Lists link in the upper right corner
In all cases you will be asked to confirm the addition(s) to an existing list or to create a new one. Click Save to continue.
- Multiple lists can be created.
- Please note: You can create an unlimited number of lists, but you can only add new titles to the 10 most recently-created lists.
- All lists must be set to private. Public lists will be deleted.
View and Modify Lists
To view or modify a list, click on the Lists button to the right of the search box and select a list or choose Manage Lists. From within your library account, select the My Lists tab. Then:
- Choose the Your Lists tab, then select the name of your list
- Click Edit to change the name or sorting options
- Open a list by clicking its title, then place holds by selecting item(s) from your list and clicking the Place Hold link
- Click Print to send your list to the printer
- Select Delete List to remove entire list