The Bubbler's fleet of Maker Kits are used primarily for in house library programs or community outreach with a Madison Public Librarian. They are not available for patron check out, but as we regularly receive inquiries about our activities and favorite projects, we wanted to make them as accessible as possible! Many of the kits listed below include links to downloadable facilitation guides, instructions, and templates for your use. They also include full lists of materials and tools and photos of past projects.
If you are an educator who is interested in seeing one of these kits hands on or to use as a trial in one of your classrooms before choosing to invest in one yourself, connect to your local librarian for more information!
- Fixed Costs are the big investments, like a button maker machine, or a set of Keva Planks, that you'll reuse over and over again and won't have to repurchase.
- Consumable Costs are costs of items that you'll eventually have to repurchase and restock – costs that vary with how much your kit is used, such as paper, markers, glue, ink, etc.
The amount of support needed for two different age groups (5-7 and 7-12) is also identified for each kit.
- Green indicates the kit can be completely independently for the specified age group
- Yellow indicates the kit requires some support for the specified age group
- Red indicates the kit requires active support for the specified age group