Have an idea for a book or poetry collection, but don't know how to get started? Maybe you are stuck on plot, pacing and/or character development? Or perhaps you have nearly finished your manuscript, but are unsure of when to have it edited or start pursuing publication (via the mainstream market or self-publishing)?
Make significant strides on finishing your book by joining a six-month intensive focused on writing exercises, reading, revising and learning the business side of publishing. You will be immersed in resources and develop relationships key to pursuing your writing aspirations while completing a first draft.
Participants will be assigned 2 to 3 diverse novels, essay collections or poetry books to read and discuss during monthly group meetings and 1-on-1 sessions with the intensive facilitator. The intensive will also include three or four published authors and publishing professionals as special guests (either in person or via Zoom).
Each session is focused on a theme:
- Session 1 (September 19, 2022) Intros & Genres & Goal Mapping
- Session 2 (October 17, 2022) The Art of Narrative
- Session 3 (November 14, 2022) Character Development
- Session 4 (December 19, 2022) Defining Audience
- Session 5 (January 23, 2023) Group Critique
- Session 6 (February 20, 2023) The Business Side of Publishing & Wrap-Up
This cohort of learners has already begun and is closed to new participants.