Meeting Rooms: Small Conference Room Guidelines
All groups/individuals must check in at the Information Desk before using a conference room. To reserve a room an “Application for Use of Branch Library Meeting Rooms” must be filled out and returned to the Branch at least one week in advance of the first scheduled meeting. In general, the use of the small conference rooms follows the Branch Library Meeting Room Policy with these specific changes:
- Groups may reserve a room in advance once a week for up to 3 months, including the current month.
- Community groups that meet monthly, such as neighborhood associations, may reserve a room once a month for up to 12 months.
- Use is limited to 2 hours. Use may be extended if the room is available after the 2 hours.
- No library owned equipment is provided. No extra furniture may be brought into the room.
- Use for “non-official” groups or individuals (study groups, individuals needing a quiet area, etc.) is on a “first come, first served” basis with no advance reservations. There is no time limit but after the first hour if another group or individual wishes to use the room the first group must give way.
Please refer to the Branch Meeting Room Policy for General Rules and Regulations Regarding Meeting Room Use. The Madison Public Library Branches that have small conference rooms include Alicia Ashman, Hawthorne, Lakeview, Sequoya, and Goodman South Madison.
(Approved by Library Board December 1, 2008)