Wisconsin Book Festival Is October 20-23
Take part in Wisconsin’s premier literary event this weekend, October 20-23, 2016. This year the Wisconsin Book Festival will feature nearly 70 events with opportunities to meet authors, discover new books or favorite writers, and have books signed. With so much fun packed into four days, you'll want to come early and stay late! Whether your reading interests range from Shakespeare to science to great new fiction, there will be plenty to discover at this year's festival.
Highlights from the upcoming event include:
- 2016 Pulitzer Prize winner for Fiction Viet Thanh Nguyen for The Sympathizer & Nothing Ever Dies
- Beloved Wisconsin author Jane Hamilton for The Excellent Lombards
- 2014 National Book Award Winner Jacqueline Woodson for Brown Girl Dreaming at the Charlotte Zolotow Lecture
- Former Director of Wisconsin Public Radio Jack Mitchell for Wisconsin on the Air
- New York Times Bestselling author of the Aimée Leduc mysteries Cara Black for Murder on the Quai
- Celebrated writer and Hmong activist Kao Kalia Yang for The Song Poet
- YA author of the Legend and The Young Elites series Marie Lu for The Midnight Star
- Groundbreaking journalist and cultural commentator Jeff Chang for We Gon’ Be Alright
- True Blood creator Charlaine Harris for All The Little Liars
Check out Wisconsin Book Festival events in partnership with the Wisconsin Science Festival, events for children and young adults, events featuring Wisconsin authors, events exploring discussions of racial justice and social equity, recent author interviews by Wisconsin Public Radio, events in partnership with Year of Shakespeare in Wisconsin,or see the entire Wisconsin Book Festival schedule on the festival web site, in The Isthmus (printable version).