Other people's lives
Like reading about other people's experiences? Then here is a list for you. These titles are from various"best of" lists, including the New York Times 100 Notable Books of the Year. Below are a few from a new library booklist-- Memoirs, Recommended in 2011.
- Bartók, Mira. The Memory Palace. Free Press, 2011.
- Didion, Joan. Blue Nights. Alfred A. Knopf, 2011.
- Ebert, Roger. Life Itself: A Memoir. Grand Central Pub., 2011.
- Fragoso, Margaux. Tiger, Tiger. Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2011.
- Greene, Melissa Fay. No Biking in the House without a Helmet. Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2011.
- Hamilton, Gabrielle. Blood, Bones, and Butter: The Inadvertant Education of a Reluctant Chef. Random House, 2011.
- Judt, Tony. The Memory Chalet. Penguin Press,, 2010.
- Nealon, Mary Jane. Beautiful Unbroken: One Nurse’s Life. Graywolf Press, 2011.
- Rodriguez, Luis J.. It Calls You Back: An Odyssey through Love, Addiction, Revolutions, and Healing. Simon & Schuster, 2011.
- Whitaker, Mark. My Long Trip Home. Simon & Schuster, 2011.