Looking forward to love
Hey all you romance readers out there, here's a heads up on some upcoming romances to keep an eye out for. I just finished perusing the spring announcements in Publishers Weekly. There are a few on the Top 10 list that I'm putting on my own to read list. Some are by old favorites authors and some hopefully will become favorite authors. Check the catalog closer to the publication date for those that have no link.
- Once Upon a Tower by Eloisa James (May 2013). James continues her bestselling fairy tale series with a Regency-era retelling of the story of Rapunzel.
- The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn (June 25). The third in bestseller Quinn’s historical series featuring the irrepressible Smythe-Smiths.
- The Best Man by Kristan Higgins (Feb. 2013). The path to love is bumpy and strewn with land mines in this surprisingly deep charmer from rom-com queen Higgins.
- The Last Debutante by Julia London (Feb. 2013). A young Englishwoman abandoned by her chaperones finds an injured man in her grandmother’s Scotland cottage in London’s stand-alone Regency-era romance.
- What the Duke Desires by Sabrina Jeffries (June 2013). Jeffries launches a historical series with a forbidden romance between a duke and the illegitimate daughter of a viscount.
New authors to me:
- Sins of a Ruthless Rogue by Anna Randol (March 2013). Amid the glittering palaces of Russia and the noble houses of London, a woman must call upon a dangerous man from her past.
- Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay (June 2013). This is one suggested by fellow MADreader Jane. She loved this deeply emotional romance aimed at the "New Adult" reader** about two young people who navigate some terrible emotional terrain to win through.
How about you? Are there any forthcoming romances you've already added to your list?
**For a definition of what the new genre "New Adult" is, take a look here.