How to go somewhere without leaving the comfort of your armchair
Are you an armchair traveler? Then check out Booklist's Top 10 Literary Travel Books.
- Arctic Obsession: The Lure of the Far North by Alexis S. Troubetzkoy.
- Crazy River: Exploration and Folly in East Africa by Richard Grant.
- The Ice Balloon: S. A. Andrée and the Heroic Age of Arctic Exploration by Alec Wilkinson.
- London Under: The Secret History beneath the Streets by Peter Ackroyd.
- Londoners: The Days and Nights of London Now—as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Left It, and Long for It by Craig Taylor.
- The Longest Winter: Scott’s Other Heroes by Meredith Hooper.
- The Shakespeare Guide to Italy: Retracing the Bard’s Unknown Travels by Richard Paul Roe.
- Travels: Collected Writings, 1950–1993 by Paul Bowles.
- The Unconquered: In Search of the Amazon’s Last Uncontacted Tribes by Scott Wallace.
- Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. One Step at a Time by Ed Stafford.