Group Summer Reading Club
Group Summer Reading Club is a way to involve children ages 3 - 12 enrolled in daycare, summer school or other summer program settings in the Madison Public Library’s Summer Reading Club. It is meant to be a partnership between the group’s leaders and Madison Public Library Youth Services Librarians with the ultimate goal being to encourage children to read throughout the summer. Summer reading helps children improve their reading skills, including comprehension and vocabulary, and helps children avoid summer learning losses.
How Does it Work?
Two participation options are available. Choose one of the following:
A) Remarkable Readers receive:
• A brief planning call or visit from a Madison Public Library Youth Services Librarian to set up your summer reading plan. Reading plans include three goals for the number of minutes and/or books children will read each day, week, or month and a plan for how to accomplish the goal.
• A monthly program or visit (June, July, August) from a Madison Public Library Youth Services Librarian (either at your site or at the nearest Madison Public Library location)*.
• Three reading incentive prizes per child enrolled in your program upon completion of three reading goals.
B) Brilliant Bookworms receive:
• A tips and pointers handout for teachers/group leaders.
• A reading record or chart for your group.
• A small prize for each child.
Applications will be accepted while supplies last.
*Please note: Home daycare providers may sign up for the Remarkable Readers option, but the Library is unable to provide in-home programming.