International Games Day 2016
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to participate in a role playing game like Dungeons & Dragons, or are you looking for a new competitor to play a game of Chutes and Ladders with? International Games Day is a great way to participate in a variety of gaming activities engaging for both the young and young at heart. Join us at Central Library on November 19, 9am-5pm, as we celebrate International Games Day in 2016.
Local sponsors include Pegasus Games, Madison Traditional Gaming, Netherworld Games, and I’m Board! Games & Family Fun. We’ll be hosting drop-in and pickup games for all age groups ensuring a fun day of play for the whole family, and will have a special presentation from author Michael Witwer in conjunction with the Wisconsin Book Festival at 4pm. From 9am-4pm there will also be a board game library from I'm Board! Games and Family Fun available for pick-up games on the 3rd floor, and chess boards available for pick-up on the 1st floor
- 9-11 am: Drop-in games, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor study rooms*
- 9 am-12:30 pm: Make your own upcycled chess piece, Bubbler Room
- 9 am-12:30 pm: Minis painting demonstrations, Bubbler Room
- 11 am-1 pm: Drop-in games, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor study rooms*
- 1-3 pm: Minecraft Club (for school-age youth), Youth Services Program Room
- 3-5 pm: Pokemon Club (for school-age youth), Youth Services Room
- 2-4 pm: Drop-in games, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor study rooms*
- 4-5 pm: Wisconsin Book Festival event with Michael Witwer, author of "Empire of Imagination: Gary Gygax and the Birth of Dungeons & Dragons"
*Games in study rooms are hosted by Madison Traditional Gaming, Pegasus Games, and Netherworld Games and will be run on a first-come/first-serve basis.